Introduction

Introduction 

Resultado de imagen para maasai map
The Maasai are an indigenous ethnic group in Africa of semi-nomadic people settled in Kenya and northern Tanzania. Due to their distinct traditions, customs and dress and their residence near the many national game parks of East Africa, the Maasai are among the foremost African ethnic groups and are known internationally because of their links to the national parks and reserves.
Language - Maa, a language derived from Nilo-Saharan, related to Dinka and Nuer. They also speak the official languages of Tanzania and Kenya. Swahili and English.

Population - The Maasai population is now estimated 900 000

Although the Kenyan and Tanzanian governments have established programs to encourage the Maasai to leave behind their traditional semi-nomadic lifestyle, the Maasai people have carried on their age-old customs. However this is changing, albeit slowly.


Many Maasai tribes throughout Tanzania and Kenya welcome visits to their villages to experience their culture, traditions, and lifestyle, in return for a fee.



Resultado de imagen para maasai





Comentarios

  1. It Is a good blog. very interesting culture. Good work!

    Luis Villar

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Very well done. Very good information of the Masai culture.

    Luis Sánchez

    ResponderEliminar
  3. There is a lot of things that we don't know, Maasai tribe is one of those, thanks to this vvvvvvlog I've learned a little bit more.

    Fernando Martinez

    ResponderEliminar
  4. A very concrete exhibition, but well focused, they dealt with important points, I liked it a lot

    ResponderEliminar
  5. GERARDO VEGA - A very concrete exhibition, but well focused, they dealt with important points, I liked it a lot

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi friends, I like this vlog very much. There are something in common in all this ethnic groups in all around the world: the beautiful colorfull clothes. I think that is the way to be in contact and in harmony with nature.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Very good project, specifically I liked the background of the website. Congratulations!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. I had never really heard of this culture, however I was impressed with the colors of their typical costumes and yours extreme traditions like the body modifications.
    This is a good work!
    By: Adriana Morales

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  10. I think it is a good idea to talk about an unknown ethnic group. That makes us look smarter. The problem is that the blog is a bit confusing.
    -Mario Mata

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Knowing that the Masai culture is the farthest and with less information about them, a good job was achieved, of good quality and with abundant information. Excellent

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

How much some people know about the maasai?

The color for Maasai people